Total number of Questions: 100.
Date of Exam: May 5, 2017
Time: 2 Hours.
Syllabus: UPSC Prelims syllabus.
Answer Key is Available at Manidhaneyam 2017 Entrance Exam Answer Key
Manidhaneyam Entrance Exam Question paper 2017:
1. ————— was the Last Governor General of free India.
(a) Warren Hasting
(b) Rajendra Prasad
(d) C. Rajagopalachan
2. Who was the first president of Indian National congress?
(b) Chandr Mukh Bose
(c) Nagendra Singh
(d) Dudabhai Naoroj
3. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is located at
4. The shortest bone human body is
5. Who discovered first modern antibiotic. penicillin?
(a) Louis Pasture
(b) Julies francoise
(c) Alexander Fleming
(d) Ernst Chair
6. Cardiology is the study of
(d) None of these
7. NAM Movement form during
(a) Cold war
(b) First World War
(c) Second World War
(d) Great War
8. Plato is a
9. Which of the following countries is a permanent member of the Security Council?
10. NATO is the form of
(a) New Atlantic Tree Organization
(b) Nations Atlantic Tree Organization
(c) Native Atlantic Organization
(d) North Atlantic Tree Organization
11. National Science Day In India is celebrated on
(a) 30th April
(b) 1st February
(c) 28th February
(d) 28th March
12. Chairman of the Draft’ Committee of Constituent Assembly
(a) B.K. Ambedkar
(b) J.L Nehru
(d) S N. Sinha
13. Constitutional government stands for
(a) Limited government
(b) A government limited by the desires and capacities of those who exercise power
(c) A government run according to general laws known to the people
(d) A government run by petiole’s representatives
14. Which of the following has the sole authority to control the expenditure of the Union Government?
(a) Prime Minister
(d) Comptroller and Auditor General
15. According to our constitution, the Rajya Sabha
(a) is dissolved once in 2 years
(b) Is dissolved every 5 years
(c) Is dissolved every 6 years
(d)Is not subject to dissolution
16. The chairman of the Rajya Sabha is
(a) Prime Minister
(b) The Vice-President
(c) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(d) The Leader of the Opposition
17. Physical geographic features include
(a) Is an application of political science
(b) Deals with human social activities
(c) Deals with human social activities
(d) Deals with human social activities that are related to the locations and boundaries of cities, nations and groups of nations.
(d) All of these
18. Earth is the third planet from the sun and is located between
(a) Venus and Mars
(b) Mars and Jupiter
(c) Venus and Jupiter
(d) Mercury and Venus
19. The crust Is thinner below the
(d) Similar under both oceans and continents
20. ‘Syntaxial Bend’ is a feature of which of the following
21. Which of the following statements is Incorrect?
(a)Australia is the smallest of all continents
(b) Australia is situated in the southern and western hemisphere
(c) About 94 percent of Australian surface is below 600 m
(d) Australia was part of ancient landmass, Gondwaland
22. Which of the following mountain chains has two dissimilar types of vegetation on its two slopes?
(c) Eastern Ghats
23. Which of the following is/are the main agent(s) of soil erosion?
(a) Wind and water
(d) None of these
24. Petroleum deposits in are found chiefly in
(c) Metamorphic rocks
(d) Sedimentary rocks
25. The Indian Financial, begins on
(a) January 1
(b) April 1
(c) July 1
(d) None of these
26. The prices at which the government purchases food grains for maintaining the public distribution system and for building up buffer stock is known as
(a) Minimum support prices
(b) Procurement prices
(c) Issue prices
(d) Ceiling prices
27. According to the last census, which is the most populated state in India?
(a) West Bengal
28. The last census in held in
29. The cause of unemployment in India is not
(a) Population explosion
(b) Inadequate employment planning
(c)Rapid development c industry
(d) Poor manpower planning
30. Alien species that are most harmful are those that
(a)Struggle ito fit into new ecosystems and eventually die out
(b) Eventually become naturalized
(c) Become invasive
(d) Become agricultural products
31. In a food chain, biomagnifications is the result of
(a) Bio accumulation up the trophic levels
(b) Bio accumulation down the trophic levels
(c) toxins that in the organisms living in that region
(d) The elimination of toxic wastes from the body.
32. Most organisms living in a desert community are
(a) Well adopted to the heat and dry environment
(b) Well adapted to the heat but probably not the dry environment
(c) Well adopted to the environment but probably not the heat
(d) Not well adapted to the heat Or dry environment
33. Gases such as nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide are called greenhouse gases because ,
(a) They block specific wavelengths of sunlight from penetrating
(b) They block sunlight from reaching the Earth
(c) They Block both sunlight and heat energy from penetrating the atmosphere
(d)These gases permit sunlight to enter but trap the heat energy in the atmosphere
34. Which two planets rotate in a clockwise direction around the sun?
(a)Jupiter and Uranus
(b) Saturn and Neptune
(c) Venus and Mars
(d) Venus and Uranus
35. The layer of the sun visible during an eclipse is _
(b) Fraunhofer lines
(d) None of these
36. The interconnectivity of computers to a common server within a small area is known as
37. A temperature of 1760 F is equal to
38. Conversion of a Substance directly from solid to vapour state is known as
39.The marine animal called dugong which is vulnerable to extinction is a/an?
(b) Bony fish
40. Which of the following item(s) is/are incorrectly matched?
List -1 List II
- Moksha Liberation of soul
- Artha Earning of food clothes, shelter
- Kaama Continuation of manking through regeneration
- Karma Action of Goodness
(a) 1 and 3 only
(b) 1 and 4 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 4 only
41. Ashoka Chakra in the National Flag of india signifies
(a) Truth and Peace
(b) Faith and Chivalry
(c) Courage and Sacrifice
(d) Ancient Culture and Peaceful change
42. _is regarded as National Fruit of India.
43. Who was the first Muslim woman to sit on the throne of Delhi?
(a) Chand Sultana
(b) Rani Rashmoni
(c) Rani Avantibai
(d) Razia Sultana
44. Who among the following is the only Indian woman to win the Noble Prize?
(a) Mother Teresa
(b) Anna George
(c) Dina Vikli
(d) None of these
45. Match list I with list II and select the correct answer using the codes given below:
List – I
- Early Palaeolithic
- Middle Palaeolithic
- Upper Palaeolithic
List – II
- scraper and flakes
- hand axes and cleavers
- blades and burins
A B C D
(a) 3 4 I 2
(b) 3 2 4 1
(c) 3 4 2 1
(d) 1 2 4 3
46. The largest concentration of Harappan sites has been found along the
47. Match the following:
List – I – (Vedic Text)
- Manu Smriti
- Up Vedas
List -II- (Contents)
- Explanatory notes on Vedic mantras
- Secular Subjects
- Customs and rituals
- Code of Law
A B C D
(a) 4 3 2 1
(b) 2 3 4 1
(c) 4 2 1 3
(d) 2 1 4 3
48. Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) is headquartered at
49. The ultimate ownership of land during the post-Gupta period lay with
(a) The cultivator
(b) The village community
(c) The king
(d) The joint family
50. The historical source attributed to Megasthenes is
(b) Naturalis Historia
(d) The Periplus of the Erythrean Sea
51. What is special and general theory of Albert Einstein called?
(a) Theory of Relativity
(b) Theory of Gravity
(c) Theory of Geometry
(d) Theory of Evolution
52. Match the following:
List – I
- Civil Disobedience Movement
- Indian Home Rule
- Moderate leader
- Brahmo Samaj
- B.J. Tilak
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- Mahatma Gandhi
- G.K. Gokhale
(a) 3 1 4 2
(b) 1 2 3 4
(c) 4 3 2 1
(d) 1 3 4 2
53. Non-Permanent members of Security Council are appointed for a term of
(a) One year
(b) Two years
(c) Fifty years
(d) None of these
54. Match List i and List 11 and select the correct answer from the codes given below.
List-1 List – I I
- Dutch I. Goa
- English 2. Pulient
- Portuguese 3. Hugli
- French 4. Chinsura
(a) A-3, B-4, C-1, D-2
(b) A- I, B-3, C-2, D-4
(c) A-2, B-3, C-1, D-4
(d) A-2, B-1, C-4, D-
55. At which of the following places did Hyder All built a modern arsenal?
56. Rabindranath Tagore was awarded Noble Prize for the literature in 1913 for this book.
(a) King of Dark Chamber
(d) Post office
57. Which of the following book was written by Adolf Hitler?
(b) Mein Kampf
(c) Das sibte Kreuz
(d) Unterm Rad
58. Who is also known `Frontier of Gandhi’?
(a) Abdul Rehman Tunku
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) Abdul Ghaffar khan
(d) Alexander Fleming
59.Mahayana is a sect of
60. 2020 September Olympic Games will be hosted by
(b) Pyeong Chang
(c) Rio de ‘Janeiro
61. Who among the following organised the famous Chittagong armory raid?
(a) Laxmi Sehgal
(b) Surya Sen
(c) Batukeshwar Datta
(d) J M. Sengupt
62. General and continuing rise in prices or fall in the value of money leading to rise in prises is called
63. The Constituent Assembly, which framed the Indian Constitution, was set up in
64. Which Indian Scientific organization developed the ICBM missile, Agni – recently launched by India?
65. Where is Sardar Vallabhabhai Patel National Police Academy situated?
An organization must feel the need to change if it is to transform itself extensively. Typically, the first people in the organization to sense this need are those who are in continuous contact with the external environment They could be the company’s front-line employee. working In the sales, marketing, or purchase functions Or they could be senior executives involved in interacting with regulatory authorities.
Whatever their function these people are the harbingers of change. They communicate the message to the top management, either through formal structured, meetings or unstructured personal encounters. This is a- critical phase. The senior management team has to he convinced of the need to change. Very often, this process of building conviction is fraught with disagreements. Particularly if the people, concerned are not open to the signals they receive.
It is easy to ignore the initial signals; most organization start receiving these at the pre-pain stage, when their market shares and profiles have not yet fallen. The organization can either opt for status quo, or break out into a rash of activities after its profits start falling- or it can be proactive. An organization that opts for change enters. the even more crucial second stage. The first requisite for implementing lasting change Is a Cross-functional and Cross. hierarchical team which is empowered to load the process of change The second is that top managers must be prepared to back the team’s decisions. Large-scale organizational transformation is not possible without this.
66. According to the passage, the people who sense the need for change in an organisation are
(a) Front-line employees
(b) Marketing people.
(c) Senior executives
(d) All the above.
67. The ‘critical phase’, according to the passage, is
(a) Noticing change
(b) Bringing about change
(c) Communicating the message to’change
(d) Interacting with regulatory authonties
68. The words ‘external environment’ in the first para refers to
(a) Conditions of elimate and weather
(b) Customers and others with whom the organization has contacts
(c) Other similar organizations
(d) Competition from abroad
69. The more crucial second stage for an organization is when
(a) The top management keeps away from change.
(b) The people are open minded
(c) An organization begins to implement change
(d) It finds a cross functional and cross hierarchical team
70. ‘pre.pain’ stage in para 3 refers to the time.
(a) When there is no need for change.
(b) When the organization makes profit
(c) When change becomes inevitable
(d) When the organization does not yet suffer for not changing
71. Name the famous tame writer who won Sahithya academy award in 1996 for his book `Appavin Snehidhar’
(a) Jeya mohan
72. Goods and Services Tax seeks to consolidate
(a) Direct Taxes
(b) Indirect taxes
(c) Corporate Taxes
(d) None of the Above
73. Which of the following high court has recently declared Ganga and Yamuna as a living entity?
74. In recently released Union Tourism Ministry’s ranking, which of the following state secured top position in terms of number of domestic tourists?
75. Human Development report is released by which of the following organisation?
(a) United Nations Development Program
(b) United Nations Economic Program
(c) United Nations Enviroment Program
76. UDAN scheme is a scheme to promote
(c) Air connectivity
(d) Skill development
77. Tuberclosis is caused by
78. In cloud seeking, most famous hygroscopic nuclei used is
(c) Silver iodide
79. Who among the received the noble prize for Literature in 2016
(a) Albert Jim
(b) John Statham
(c) Salman Rushdie
(d) Bob Dylan
80. Which of the following committee dealt with reforms In BCCI?
(a) Gupta Committee
(b) Rengarajan Committee
(c) Kant Committee
81. The LCM of 40 and 24 is
82. What is the HCF of 24 and 25?
83. I5 + 17x 72 ÷ 8=?
84. 447 x 41 – 15000 =?
85.The physics teacher distributed 200 chocolates equally to the students of the class. The chemistry teacher distributed 225 chocolates equally to the same set of students. What is the maximum possible value of the strength of the class?
86. Raghu’s father is 23 years older than Raghu. What was Raghu’s age 5 years ago, if Raghu’s father’s age will be exactly two times that of Raghu’s age after 7 years?
87. 4,5_ ,10,11,13
89. A total of 300 chocolates were distributed in a group of 120 consisting of boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls.
(a) 70, 50
(b) 60, 60
(c) 50, 70
(d)None of these
90. Consider the following letter series :
Which of the following could be the next letter in the series?
91.Six people A, B, C, D, E and F are sitting around a circular table. D and E are sitting on either side of B. A and C are sitting on either side of F. Which two among the following pair of people are sitting opposite each other?
(a) A .and E
(b) C and D
(c) B and F
(d) Cannot be determined
92. Find the Amount and the compound interest on Rs. 4000 compounded annually for 2 yr. at the rate of 12 % per annum?
(a) Rs 5017.60 Rs. 1017.60
(b) Rs. 6000 Rs. 2000
(c) Rs. 5000 Rs. 1000
(d) Rs. 6500 Rs. 2500
93. Two quantities are in the ratio 2:3. What is the smaller number if their sum is 70?
94. When tossing two coins once. what is the probability of heads on both the coins?
(a) 1/ 4
(c) 3/ 4
(d) None of these
95. What is the probability of getting a number less than 4 when a die is rolled?
(a) 1/ 2
(c) 1 /3
(d) 1/ 4
96. What is the probability of selecting a prime number from 1.2.3,… 10?
97. How much time will it take for an amount of Rs. 900 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
(a) 2 years
(b) 3 years
(c) 1 years
(d) 4 years
98. In the first 10 oven of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the run rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?
(a) 6 .25
99. Arun obtained and 76,68,82, 85 marks (out in 100 English, mathematics Chemistry, biology Physics. What is his average mark?
100. The average age of boys in a class is 16 years and that of the girls is 15 years. What is the average age for the whole class?
(d) Insufficient Data
Download Manidhaneyam IAS Academy Entrance Exam 2017
This year manidaneyam entrance exam date inform me please
Thank you so much sir…
Sir pls tell the date of entrance exam
Probably by June/July
Sir, pls inform me when i can apply for UPSC free coaching entrance exam 2018