As Expected Union Public Service commission(UPSC) has published the notification for Civil Service Examination on February 22, 2017. This year there are 980 vacancies. I haven’t seen any changes in the notification. If you notice any please comment below. Read this Brief and Simple form of notification for the quick glance and it is recommended to read the full Official Notification linked at the bottom of this post before applying for the exam.
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
|Category||Minimum Age||Maximum Age||Attempts|
|SC/ST||21||37||Unlimited (Till 37)|
|Physically Disabled||21||42||9 (For SC PH – Unlimited)|
Note: If you have applied for Civil Services Exam but haven’t attended the preliminary exam then it won’t be calculated as an attempt.
- Any Degree
- Final Year students can apply if they can submit their proof by September or October 2017.
- Women – No Fees
- General, OBC – Rs.100 for Prelims
- SC/ST/PH – No Fees
There will be three stages i) Prelims ii) Mains iii) Personal Interview
- Last Date to pay fees – 16 March 2017
- Last Date to Apply – 17 March 2017
- Prelims Exam Date – 18 June 2017
How To Apply:
- Read Official Notification before Applying
- Visit upsconline.nic.in to apply
- If you have done any mistakes in applying just fill a new fresh form and then you will get New Registration ID. Don’t forget to save that Registration ID as it is necessary while applying for Mains. Always use Latest Registration ID.
- For OBC candidates: Be sure if you fall in OBC Non-Creamy Layer. Check here to know if you belong to OBC Non Creamy layer or OBC Creamy Layer .
- Hall Ticket will be available on upsc.gov.in by the first week of June 2017.
- UPSC Helpline Numbers: 011-23381125/ 011-23385271/ 011-23098543.